Compensation Services

We are worker’s compensation and personal injury compensation lawyers.

Our compensation law services 

Worker’s Compensation Claims Queensland

Injured workers are entitled to a range of benefits and compensation, either under their specific state-based compensation scheme or the federal Comcare scheme. The scheme that applies to a particular injured worker will depend mainly on who the worker’s employer is and where they are based for the purposes of their employment.

In addition to any statutory benefits (called a ‘no fault’ claim), workers who are injured due to the negligence of another person or entity may also be entitled to worker's compensation common law damages.

Follow the link below for more detailed information about Queensland worker’s compensation claims, including common law claims.


Worker’s Compensation Claims NT

Most workers injured at work in the Northern Territory will be covered by the Northern Territory worker's compensation scheme. However, some workers in the Territory will be covered by the ‘Comcare scheme’ (or a similar scheme that applies to most maritime workers and military personnel). 

If you are unsure which scheme applies to your workplace accident in the NT, speak with our worker's compensation lawyers in Darwin so we can assist.

Follow the link below for our top 6 tips when claiming worker’s compensation in the NT and other key information about making a claim.


Comcare Worker’s Compensation Claims

Comcare is the Commonwealth worker's compensation scheme. 

The Comcare scheme will usually apply to the following workers:

    • Those workers employed by the Commonwealth Government;

    • Most ACT Government employees;

    • Those workers who are employed by companies who have a licence to be insured under the Comcare scheme (these are usually larger companies who have operations across all/most states and territories in Australia).


Motor Vehicle Accident Claims

If you’re injured in a road-related accident in Queensland, you will usually be entitled to compensation. The types of compensation you will be entitled to claim include:

    • loss of earnings (lost wages as a result of being unable to work due to your injuries);

    • medical and rehabilitation expenses;

    • cost of care you require; and

    • pain and suffering lump sum payments.

Compensation claims after a road accident can seem relatively straightforward. However, if you’re not 100% aware of everything you’re entitled to and in what amounts, you may miss out on ALL the compensation you deserve. Getting legal advice early will help you maximise the compensation you’re entitled to.


Child Sexual Abuse Claims (all states/territories in Australia)

Following the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex Abuse, the importance of an abuse survivor’s right to appropriate compensation was recognised in every state and territory in Australia. 

Changes in laws governing the ability of survivors of child sexual abuse to seek compensation for the significant injuries they suffered mean that every survivor should get the right legal advice from our child abuse lawyers as soon as possible about making a claim for the compensation they deserve, no matter how long ago the abuse occurred.

Follow the link below for more detailed information about child sexual abuse claims, including the removal of time limits to making a claim, the compensation options available, how much you might be entitled to claim, and how we can support you through the claims process to secure the maximum compensation for the abuse you suffered.


Medical Negligence Claims 

Medical negligence occurs when a healthcare provider (such as a doctor, dentist, or allied health professional) fails to exercise reasonable skill and care when providing treatment and/or medical advice, and you suffer injury as a result.

Amongst other things, to prove medical negligence, it must be shown that the treatment received was below the standard of care and skill considered reasonable by a body of other health professionals practicing in the same medical discipline. You must also prove that the harm they suffered was connected to the negligence.

Medical negligence is a broad and complex area of personal injury law. It is important to consult a lawyer with the necessary experience in conducting medical negligence litigation to ensure that your prospects of succeeding with a claim are maximised and that you recover all the compensation you are entitled to.


Public Liability Claims 

If you have sustained an injury whilst ‘out and about’, you may be able to make a public liability claim which may entitle you to recover substantial compensation. 

A public liability claim is a type of personal injury claim if you’ve been injured due to the negligence of another person or organisation/entity.

Follow the link below for more detail about your eligibility for public liability compensation and how we can help you secure a successful result.


TPD Claims

If you are unable to work due to an illness, injury, or disability, you may be able to make a claim for Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) benefits through your superannuation fund.

TPD cover is a form of insurance providing a lump sum payment if you are permanently unable to work due to injury or illness. Notably, how you were injured or became sick does not have to be related to your employment.

Follow the link below for more detail about TPD eligibility and how we can help with a successful TPD claim.


Income Protection Claims

Income protection is a disability insurance policy that pays a benefit equal to a percentage of your pre-injury or illness income. It is paid to claimants who are sick or injured and cannot work for a specified period of time. Income protection claims usually have a “waiting period” that must be applied before any payments can be made. 

Follow the link below for more detail about income protection eligibility and how we can help you with your claim.


At Cameron Hall Compensation Lawyers, we ensure you recover everything you’re entitled to.

When we work with you, we provide:

  • plain English advice;

  • no legal jargon;

  • first free interview; and

  • ‘no-win, no-fee’ options.

It costs you nothing to find out exactly where you stand. 

You can learn more about how we charge our compensation law services here.

Free compensation law advice

QLD 07 3310 8729 NT 08 8943 0606

Call or email a compensation lawyer today. Your first interview is completely free, so it costs you nothing to find out where you stand.